Can you survive one steamy summer day (or night) without your air conditioner? If your answer is no, then you better make sure that your unit is safe from any breakdowns all season long.
In case of an emergency though, here are some tips and tricks on how you can make it through the day without an A/C:
- Skip the satin, silk or polyester sheets and bring out your cotton linens tonight
- Seal some sheets in a plastic bag and stick them in the freezer and take them out before bedtime for a quick escape from the heat
- Bring out your hot water bottle, fill it with tepid water, stick it in the freezer and use it like an ice-pack
- Point box fans out of the window so they can push hot air out
- Dampen a sheet or towel in cool water and use it as a blanket
To learn more tips and tricks, click here