With the weather already getting cold, homeowners should start checking their furnaces before actually turning them on. Below are some tips that will help you prepare your furnace for the cold weather.
- Clean your furnace by vacuuming out the firebox.
- Make sure the thermostat is working properly to avoid any safety issues.
- Have your furnace serviced at least once a year.
- Clean the roof and the chimney.
- Replace the air filter to improve efficiency as well as the air furnace operation.
For more tips, check this link.