As temperatures start to drop rapidly, homeowners should start preparing their homes for the colder months ahead. In order to make sure that you and your family stay safe and warm all throughout the winter season, here are some tips on how to prepare your home.
- Inspect your filters on your furnace and replace them when needed.
- Take out the window screens and install storm windows.
- Check your chimney and have it serviced at least once a year.
- Keep heating ducts free from dirt and other debris.
- Seal off all gaps around windows and doors to prevent any leaks.
For more tips, click here.