When temperature starts to drop and the power goes out, staying safe and comfortable in your own home is on top of everyone’s priority list. Below are some tips on how every homeowner can stay warm and safe during cold weather.
- Insulate all your pipes to keep them from freezing.
- Use an insulating dome to reduce the chances of water freezing in your pipes.
- Seal all air leaks around your doors and windows.
- Make sure you have a supply of flashlights and batteries in case the power goes out.
- Make sure the area is properly ventilated if you are using a space heater.